You have decided to “Welcome McDougall.” To make your decision, you reviewed a variety of source documents. Record what you concluded from those documents in the box on the right. Your notes will help you answer questions at the end of this exercise.
Consider these six “Historical Thinking” concepts when you create your notes:
- Establish historical significance
- Use primary source evidence
- Identify continuity and change
- Analyze cause and consequence
- Take a historical perspectives, and
- Understand the ethical dimension of historical interpretations.
If you exit this exercise before finishing the simulation, your notes will not be saved. To keep your work, click the “My Path” button in the top menu and email your notes to yourself or to your teacher so you have an electronic record. You can also print your work. Remember that once you leave the site, your content will not be saved.